Saturday, June 30, 2012

you are getting sleepy, VERY SLEEPY

lynn.h.armstrong has added a photo to the pool:

you are getting sleepy, VERY SLEEPY

...exactly - it's past 2am, and this is my first attempt at doing star trails. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I know you should do this when the moon is not very full, however opportunity arose and i'm hoping to do this again when there's not much of a moon in the sky.

I set up in my front yard and let the interval timer go...until i got really tired and had to go to bed.

this is a combination of 333 images taken from 10:45pm to 1:43am (just under 3 hours) stacked together using StarStaX.

That's the big dipper and north star (polaris) that you see in there... as well as some plane trails and fireflies thrown in for good measure...

ISO was at 125
f/stop was 3.5
Exposure was 30 seconds each

i did a bit of light painting on the trees from time to time with a flashlight.

Once stacked it was brightened using Aperture.

Since this is my first time doing this, I really would appreciate some advice from any of the seasoned veterans out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment