Thursday, May 31, 2012

"I wandered lonely as an Orb"

PhotographyByUrbanEyes.com has added a photo to the pool:

"I wandered lonely as an Orb"

Inspired by William Wordsworth and a passion for Light Painting, I set off to find a field of yellow - not daffodils but rapeseed! Yes this one is from a few weeks back when the urge to combine landscape and light painting got the better of me!

View On Black

So the desire to paint the night with light took hold of me! I packed all my kit into the car and went off in search of several locations, this one was created quite early on in the night before I went looking for places to burn wire wool!

I liked the combination of the field and the puddle here, it was a tad tricky getting this one right and I made several efforts before the mud took it's toll on me and I decided enough is enough! I quite like the impact of the light pollution and the movement of the nights clouds which add to the image. Next time I think I'll paint the puddle a tad with some other light just to boost the foreground but otherwise enjoyed this painting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."

William Wordsworth, written in 1804, it was first published in 1807 in Poems in Two Volumes, and a revised version, the more commonly known, was released in 1815.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Techie Stuff!

Camera Nikon D80
Exposure 106
Aperture f/7.1
Focal Length 14 mm
ISO Speed 320

LED Lenser V24 Blue for Orb
LED Lenser V24 Red for Carpet
Puddle for Reflection
Wellies for the Mud!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Follow PhotographyByUrbanEyes.com on:

Facebook / Website / Twitter / 500px / RedBubble / Blog

© 2011 Photography By Urban Eyes & Allan England

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment