Saturday, September 29, 2012

Appley Tower

Michael Tendler has added a photo to the pool:

Appley Tower

Appley Tower is a Victorian mock castle tower on the esplanade overlooking the beach at Ryde on the Isle of Wight. I visited here last night with my camera club and although I took plenty of shots there were none that I was *that* happy with. This is probably my favourite from the evening.

A long exposure, 30 seconds at f/7.1, ISO 640. Whilst the shot was being taken I used my little maglite to 'paint' the brickwork with light to help illuminate it in the dark, although the effect of a lamp post can be seen to the left hand side of it.

I like that the steps and railings start in the lower-right corner and lead your eye up to the main subject itself, and also that I captured the movement of the clouds in the sky and the stars too. This is also razor sharp at 100% and I just love that the focussing of the 5D Mark III is so good in low-light like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment