Saturday, September 29, 2012

Quebec City

André Distel Photography has added a photo to the pool:

Quebec City

© André Distel - Website - Google+ - Facebook

Subscribe to my feed on Facebook and Google+ for more updates.

------------------------------------------

"Quebec Lights"

The Shot
It's absolutely amazing how many shots I found, whilst cleaning up my Lightroom after the switch from Aperture. This one is from Dec. 2010, my last business trip to Quebec City so far. A beautiful city in Canada and for sure the most beautiful in Quebec. We stayed somewhere downtown. I guess, this was taken from inside the Hilton hotel, but I can't acutally quite confirm that for sure. Tripod setup in the room (it was -40C outside) with the lens directly at the window to avoid any reflections (even with the lights completely turned off, there can be reflections. I hope to be able to go back soon and once again photograph this amazing city. I think this shot was actually taken with the old Nikon D60 :). Sold it long time ago, but it got me into photography and was a neat little camera to take with you while traveling.


News
A big thank you for all my new G+ and Flickr followers. The numbers have increased significantly over the past few weeks and part of it, is simply that I am a lot more active. Thanks for your inspiration and wonderful words.

I will probably getting the 17-55 f/2.8 for my D7000. I am currently using for about 50% my shots the 28-70 f/2.8 but find the focal range quite useless in most cases. This will make a good combo with the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8. I am desperately waiting for a Nikon 70-200 f/4!!! There is no way I lug around the 70-200 f/2.8 on my international travels or for street photography. Way too big, I find.


Others
- Still working on a re-design of the blog page only on my website www.andredistel.com. The rest is pretty much finished for now, with new shots being added on a regular basis. I am thankful and open for any ideas that you might have.

- I invested quite some time in G+ recently and don't regret it. It also caused me to spend less time on Flickr. To all my #flickr friends - sorry, I will post there as well, but probably not as regular as here. Same goes for my FB account and profile. I have opened it to subscribers recently but it is not my main focus.

- If you have any questions, please feel free ask

Cheers,
André



No comments:

Post a Comment